1000ml Sodium Chloride, Dextrose
Isotonic IV solution
- This intravenous solution is indicated for use in patients as a source of electrolytes and water for hydration
- A solution is a substitute for body fluids as in the cases of traumatic shock.
- 0.9% Sodium Chloride Injection USP is also indicated for use as a priming solution in hemodialysis procedures and may be used to initiate and terminate blood transfusions without hemolyzing red blood cells.
Sodium Chloride 0.9% + Dextrose 5%
NS with D5% Mix
Hypertonic IV solution
- Source of water, electrolytes and energy.
- A solution for body fluids in cases of suspected meningitis, acute neurological conditions, gastrointestinal cases or when the concentration of sodium in the blood is low